Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sukin Hydrating Body Lotion



Image and Details from the website.

Hydrating Body Lotion (250ml / 500ml)------- I bought the 500 ml

Enriched with an infusion of aloe vera, nettle, horsetail and burdock combined with rosehip, avocado and jojoba oils to hydrate thirsty skin and improve elasticity.

Application: For best results apply whilst skin is still moist (after bath or shower). Massage gently into skin. Rapidly absorbed to deliver long lasting softness and protection. For best results apply after using Sukin Body Scrub.

Suitable for all skin types especially dry and sensitive.


Last week as I run out another bottle of body lotion I stumbled upon Sukin, I have been eye-ing on this product for months actually. Intrigue by the word natural skincare

A Sukin Difference from their website too:

A commitment to creating natural skincare products starts with a clear checklist on what skin and hair care products should NOT contain.

NO PARABENS (oooohhh now I know Parabens is for preserving)

What we use instead;

We use natural preservatives such as Citrus Paradisi (grapefruit seed extract) wherever possible, however to maintain a substantially longer shelf life (2 ½ years on all Sukin products) we also use Phenoxyethanol in most products at very safe & low levels as both have a proven safety record, particularly in preserving natural formulations.

NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS

NO PETRO-CHEMICALS / NO TRIETHANOLAMINE

NO MINERAL OILS

NO SLS / SLES

NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES

NO ANIMAL DERIVATIVES


Wow, a lot of copy paste job here seriously, all the data are from their website, so? Why is it important?

As many debate now regarding organic vs conventional product, or natural vs chemical, how long or bad the effect, etc. We are indeed in the search of of how to bring out the best natural product using the highest technology possible.

So that's why I turn to Sukin, as simple as I'm a family-woman, that hanging around with kids, and eventually all the products stuck on the surface of my skin WILL ended up in their too! So I got to find a product that beneficial for my skin and in the same time safe for the rest of the family. Really? Have to? Well, I've used those firming and slimming lotions before, and yes, a lot of them give a heat sensation to me and those I hug, touch, or just even accidentally bumped.

Okay nouf' said, here is my review:
First I'm a bit disappoint when I use it there's some white lines when massaging, I used to have a bad product like that, keep on massaging and the white lines are there forever created by the lotions, but hey! Wait a minute, after 2 minutes of massaging it did absorbed and leaving my skin soft. Not sticky at all, nor oily nor annoying.

Other brand that I used always have that thin film effect and when I'm working with my blog on top of my glass table it always leaves oily marks on my glass surface, which with Sukin, it doesn't. It completely absorbed.

So point for absorption: 5 out of 5
Hydrating: 5 out of 5 with non sticky nor oily effect
Scent: 3 out of 5, I don't like the scent I must say. It's a good thing it only last like an hour or so. It was like a sweet leafy scent. Not sweet flowery nor sweet fruity, like a sweet leafy scent. Weird a bit I must say.

Conclusion: A very good lotion for the whole family, but if other brand have the same quality and effect with better scent, I'll make my move on that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment