Friday, May 27, 2011

one of the letters

Yes, I'm so happy that my readers kept sending me their letters through email. Sometime it is on the page as a comment but a lot of you loyal readers come in a form of email. I found some of them can be helpful for someone else. So here's one of the email sent by a reader (details of the sender and private data are edited for safety) that I want to share:

Hi Carnellin,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. After reading your review on Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water gel, I would like to give it a try but is it suitable for oily skin? Is the Hydro Boost Clear Lotion effective too?
> > How about Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer?
> >
> > Hope to receive your reply soon.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > senders

My reply:

Hi Senders,
>
> Neutrogena hydro boost water gel is suitable for me since my skin is combination of normal to dry, i think if your skin really oily (pardon me for saying this my skin used to be told oily by some beauty therapist who are clueless and misdiagnosed me) this product may not be suitable for you since it will create some kind of layer that perfect for dry skin to keep the moisture intact. So if your skin (again) really oily you'll find your face looking so shiny and makeup easily ran away from you.
>
> As for the lotion I haven't tried it, sorry about that one. I think I've tried the tester only :(
>
> Neutrogena Oil free moisturizer will be more suitable for oily skin since the light creamy lotion will absorb fast and gives your skin the moisture it need not the oily feeling. But if your skin is dry like mine you will feel the lotion doesn't gives you enough moisture and too dry.
>
> My suggestion is Za cool pool, but now they changed the name into Za Deep Hydrating Gel. It's light but not as light as Neutrogena Oil Free moisturizer but definitely not heavy. I haven't found anyone complaining about that one beside than being addictive. It's kinda my all time fave moisturizer since it's refreshing, smells really good and it's just perfect.
>
> But moisturizer is personal, you might have to go through a lot of products to found your ultimate fave (I know I did). Get samples, try many testers and observe how your skin react.
>
> Btw, I went to Clinique woodland branch to get my type of skin checked, unfortunately I forgot her name, and she diagnosed my skin type correctly. Thanks to her I know my skin type now and can easily buy/use/get the right product for my skin type.
> Clinique at Tangs, male beauty advisor? Got it wrong and insist my skin is oily.
>
> I hope you know your skin type exactly to avoid getting the wrong product :)
>
> Sorry for the long reply, I hope it helps.
>
> Sincerely,
> Carnellin

Yes, I hope it help you too.

Getting the right moisturizer took time, first you have to know your exact skin type, I event went to those moments where I have 2 different kind of moisturizer since my T-Zone can be oily and the cheek zone is screaming dry. And during pregnancy my skin change into totally dry all over and feels more sensitive, and after giving birth I need an all in one moisturizer that provide everything I need so the exhaustion and lack of sleep is not shown on my skin AND safe for my baby since I cuddle and kiss her a lot.

Yes, there's a lot of demand coming from one person, take note that your skin can change, it can be hormonal, aging process, diet, environment changing, developed allergy, sickness, sudden change of stress, and many many more. So when you check your skin during puberty and it was so last decade, do check again to know your exact skin type and what it need at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment