Monday, January 7, 2013

Fashion Color with Alfa Hair Lounge

Hi there!

Last week, on Friday to be exact, I went to Alfa Hair Lounge for a hair coloring process including bleaching. I thought it's going to be a simple root touch up, but Mr. Eddy has something else prepared for me, a Fashion Color transformation. Ooohhh!!!

I am aware Alfa Hair Lounge have this bleaching creme that made organically and said to be better for the hair. Nourished with Argan Oil, Olive Butter and minus the ammonia fumes.



Below is my hair transformation from before, after bleaching process and after coloring. It took me 3 hours and it was quite fast, since usually I will have to stay almost the whole day. The colors comes out great too. Deeper and vibrant. But it all comes in a price. A painful one.


The bleaching is quite painful and since the scalp already irritated from the bleaching process, coloring become a very difficult procedure I have to bear. It was really painful, I give it 10 out of 10 in terms of pain. The scalp feels burning hot and when I get back at night it seems all over the scalp have bumps and blisters. Around 10 bumps and blisters (yes, I counted them). And since this is not the first time bleaching my hair and coloring, it seems like this unfortunate event can be avoided, by:

1.
Ladies, don't bleach and color the hair when you're in PMS or during menstrual period .... like I did. I discussed this matter with a doctor, trainer at Alfa Hair Lounge, hair stylist, and googled too. It seems like during those times the scalp (and all over the body) is far more sensitive, easily irritated (not just mood swings) and can't hardly take pain as normal person in a normal body condition.

2.
If you happen to have a sensitive scalp, don't bleach and colored the hair until the sensitivity is cured.

3.
Separate the day of bleaching and coloring at least 2 days or 48 hours so the scalp have time to 'rest' and regain strength.

4.
Do not wash your hair prior to bleaching and/or coloring at least 2 days before. The natural oils (and dirt too) will actually protect your scalp from irritation.

5.
Don't bleach and colored your hair when you're not feeling well. Some bleach may 'attack' you physically, causing headache, nausea, and so on. So you need your body to be in tip top condition. And never on empty stomach too. The process can take a while and you need your strength.

6.
Last but not least, consult the stylish on the exact color you want to appear on the hair, and ask numerous question including how long it takes, how to take care the hair, how to maintain the hair, and so on.





Details from alfaparf.com:

ALFAPARF MILANO'S PREMIER PERMANENT HAIRCOLOR


Evolution of the Color inspires every hairstylist's creativity:
  • Superior, 100% gray coverage
  • Extra luminous, shiny hair
  • Intense color
  • Long-lasting results, minimum color fadeage


Above is the cream used as the colorant on my hair after bleaching. It have a minty feeling that on irritated scalp will feels like burning. Again, all of these can be avoided with those tips (1-5).




After the painful procedure I love the result, haha! I really really do, it's literally after the storm comes a rainbow. The trainer on Alfa Hair Lounge also so kind and they did remind me to never do these again when I'm in my period, it's not recommended by them (they knew I was in my period after the bleaching is done, so it's kinda my bad not to mentioned it .... I don't know it would affect me....so bad). They keep fanning my scalp so the burning feels ... less burning. I even shivered. It was really really painful.

They also the one who told me, next time we need to put bleaching on one day and coloring in another day, so the scalp have time to recover.

Now I'm on day 4 after the bleach and coloring. The scalp is indeed recovering, some bumps are still there but smaller in size and number, the blisters are all dried up, so I'm happy the damage wasn't permanent ^0^ super relieved to be honest.

I'm taking care of my scalp by keeping them clean daily and washes them with shampoo from Alfaparf (from the Keratin Treatment, HERE) followed by the conditioner too for the hair.

Mr. Eddy also gave me a bottle of Precious Oil for the hair.





The honey colored oil have a texture like honey too, so thick yet when touched by the palm it starts melting and become lighter.

Details from alfaparf.com:

Olio multifunzionale - hair


With outstanding detangling and conditioning properties, this oil guarantees instantly tangle-free and soft, glossy hair that is as light as silk.
It protects the hair shaft and reduces drying and styling times.
Ideal for all hair types.

HOW TO USE 

Apply a small amount of product to wet hair, massaging thoroughly along the hair shaft.







I use it accordingly and the detangle the hair just fine. At first the oil feels so sticky but as the hair keep being massage gently and dried the oils can't hardly felt again. Leaving the hair so soft, shines and no more tangles. Far away from dry, instead, the hair seems nourished.

Oh yes, I forgot to add, usually after bleaching and coloring the hair (especially on the ends) becomes really dry and breaks out. Mine is not. Yes the scalp is suffering perhaps due to the sensitivity but the hair strands is completely fine. I guess this shown that the products used for bleaching and coloring is really good for the hair. Next time, I'll definitely stays clear from all the problems (not during PMS, period, bleach and coloring in separate days, etc) and will give you another review for the scalp experience using the exact same products (if the chance does come).

I wont have the exact some colors like now thou' (orange, deep violet, and deep blue), maybe I'll have pastels =^0^=





Thank you so much Alfa Hair Lounge for the wonderful hair colors, hope to see you again real soon!

2 comments:

  1. So nice ce.. :D love the red color, btw if I could know, how much it cost? probably wanna try it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabby,

    Thank you :)

    This is Alfa Studio, so everything is courtesy from them (sponsored), in salons I think it's around 1,5 - 2 mio Rupiah for medium - long hair.

    ReplyDelete