Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mango Tree Spa by L'Occitane


Hello everyone!!!

This is my adventure in Bali, oh wait, should I say, escape in Bali. A retreat, back to nature, unwind and relaxation.

-*-


Arrived at Kupu Kupu Barong in Ubud area, I was so tense, well my muscles are. I need to enjoy this trip for sure, and while staying at Ubud, this spa has quite earn their reputation well, like recommended.

This is the entrance, a L'Occitane shop fills with their wonderful goodies.

-*-



After carefully reading the menu and consulting with the staffs, they suggested that I try their Deep Tissue Massage, and I agree.

My husband and kids who waits for me, get a free drink and macaroons as snacks.

-*-


They gave me two options, spa indoor or at the Mango Tree. I opt for the Mango Tree since this would be the highlight. An open window spa rooms, singles or couples, they have it here. Inside each 'cabin' there's also shower room.

The view is amazing and like 'back to nature' in full force.

-*-


The toiletries in the shower room is of course by L'Occitane, there are also softlenses liquid to rinse and storage provided. Disposable panties, brushes, combs, and shower cap as well.

-*-

Below is the video I made when I was there.

-*-


How about the massage?

Hmm, how can I put it down gently?! It's disappointing. Here's the list of the things that I think are the reasons why I'm not going back there again.

The oil for massage is mango oil and it is not from L'Occitane collection.
The towels that provided for me is a brand new towel, as in never been washed before, smells like an old cupboard (as in hundreds of years old), contain many residue and the particles from the newly never been used towel as in cottons everywhere, it made me even dirtier after drying myself with it.
The massage technique by the staff is so not worth 1 million Rupiah by far. I don't know what happen but she stops on random areas like something is bothering her or I don't know why and the hard aching muscles are still pretty much there after the massage session is done. It is not relaxing, not comfortable and just plain weird, like she is doing the massage halfheartedly.

I've been massage at many spas before and her technique and massage equals to one that usually cost around Rp.50.000 per hour.

Aside for that they do have an amazing features, so perhaps, if I ever come back, it's for these in the images below:

-*-


A honeymooner alert!

-*-


Selfies/welfies/ pre wedding photos alert!

-*-


But for the massage, hmm, perhaps I should try other therapist, but not in the near future as it still kinda hurt...financially.

-*-

Other than the massage service, other service and hospitality is just superb, I did mentioned the drinks provided, it is a refreshing fruit and herbs. The snacks is not like other 'cheap' snacks, but macaroons, perhaps I'm paying for those instead of the massage.

-*-

They are also offering free transfer around Ubud, and there's several spas by L'Occitane in Bali area, please contact them directly for further details.

-*-


Like I said, gorgeous view.

-*-


And the view alone is the one I enjoy the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment