Thursday, May 4, 2017

Matrix Biolage for Colored Hair


Hello lovelies,

Matrix Biolage is here with hair care products worth trying for. Being bleached, colored and (stupidly) perm the hair recently, means my hair is not just overly processed big time but the dryness level is on the peak. I can't even keep a color last longer than a few weeks since it was too damaged. Not that I'm a quitter, I want to color my hair again with some deep colors but for now, maintenance is much needed for sure.

-*-


Here are some of the products from Matrix Biolage that I mentioned earlier, I happen to try on ColorLast Conditioner, Mask, and SmoothProof Hair Serum. These three babies has been my best friend lately, made my hair looks like hair again, feels like hair again and manageable too.

-*-

Let start with the conditioner:
Color-treated hair often loses it's color and luster over time. Inspired by nature's fade-defying orchid, Biolage COLORLAST Conditioner helps maintain the color depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair. Give her hair salon-vibrant color for up to 9 weeks*.

*When using the system of COLORLAST Shampoo and Conditioner vs. a non-conditioning shampoo.

- Low pH Conditioner moisturizes hair, extending the life of your color
- Hair is left soft and detangled with extra shine and depth of color
- Paraben-free formula is formulated specifically for color-treated hair
How To Use
Apply to wet hair and leave in 1-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. We recommend that you pair the COLORLAST Conditioner with COLORLAST Shampoo to help maintain your color-treated hair.


-*-

The Mask,
Color-treated hair often needs intense moisturization to help maintain its tone and color. Inspired by nature's fade-defying orchid, Biolage COLORLAST Mask helps maintain the color depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair.*

*When using the system of COLORLAST shampoo and conditioner vs. a non-conditioning shampoo.

- Wraps strands in 360* nourishment for extra conditioning.
- Silkens and adds shine to your hair
- Paraben and silicone free mask for color-treated hair is formulated specifically for color-treated hair
How To Use
Apply to wet hair and leave in 3-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. We recommend that you pair COLORLAST Mask with COLORLAST Shampoo for extra color protection. Use once or twice weekly in place of COLORLAST Conditioner.

-*-


The oil or Hair Serum,
Frizzy hair needs special treatment to control flyaways. Inspired by natures water-resistant camellia, Biolage SMOOTHPROOF Serum for frizzy hair provides humidity control and anti-frizz smoothness even in 97% humidity.*

*When using the system of SMOOTHPROOF Shampoo, Conditioner and Serum vs. a non-conditioning shampoo.

- Tames frizz and flyaways while adding shine
- Keeps hair smooth and protects against heat styling tools and humidity
- Paraben-free formula is also suitable for color-treated hair
How To Use
Tames frizz and flyaways while adding shine Keeps hair smooth and protects against heat styling tools and humidity Paraben-free formula is also suitable for color-treated hair

-*-


The first thing I've tried is the  conditioner. It's a white creamy like texture (like most other conditioner) with a pink floral scent that I like. I thought it is similar to any other conditioner on the market but this one has an upgrade. The longer I left it on the hair after shampooing, the more it does magic to my hair, made them soft and smooth once again. At least until the next wash.

The scent does last too, made my hair smells fragrant all day long.

Adding the serum right before hair drying also helps. It made my hair stays in better shape. Usually, my hair looks so dry and becomes more brittle after wash since the hair is cleaned and there's less moisture intact, clean for sure, but stripped as well.

Deep Smoothing Serum made my hair shines and even though it was oils, my hair doesn't become oily nor greasy. I use the product when my hair is still damp (after shower) around a quarter size. It penetrates into the hair making them smooth and frizz free.... for normal hair, for me, less frizz for sure.

For those who happens to suffer (made/causing/dig your own grave) very dry hair can also use it as a pre-care routine. Apply as many as you want onto the hair (avoiding the scalp by far) and leave them as long as possible on the hair. For me 1-2 hours does the trick. And then go to the shower and shampoo the hair like usual, use favorite conditioner and dry like usual using a bit of the serum again. The unbearable smoothness will be felt immediately, the shine and the fondness of keep playing with the hair. And of course, they'll smell so good too.

-*-


Ooh now the Mask, the one that I think made a bigger impact and better conditioned as it has thicker, creamier and heavier creams, it's like the concentrated version of the conditioner. I'm using this one for almost everything. I can use the product everyday or any time I want that extra smoothness and silkiness of the hair, smells so good, like the floral in the conditioner but intensify, the scent last until the next day, even when facing public transportation (in Singapore). The silkiness does last all day long too, they are not just coating but help bringing strength to the hair and vitality too. My hair looks dead on most days, but whenever I use these babies, they look alive and well, no one thinks that they are damaged enough.
On daily basis, or special occasions (means, when I have the time), I put on some mask right after shampooing, wrap them on a plastic wrap or shower cap and leave them as long as possible. Above 15 minutes is best even thou' it is said to be 3-5 minutes. I find them deeply penetrating into my hair and transforming them into live.

The colors look vibrant, the flexibility or elasticity of the hair increases, it becomes better and far less breakage. Everything is visible and noticeable, I guess when it comes to hair mask, this one is definitely good and worth purchasing.

-*-




The thick white cream is easy to be used, and I like using them before going for a dip too in the pool. The water in most swimming pool causing the hair (everything) dry, hence getting a pre-care is important for my oh-so-brittle hair. The perm really does it this time, I guess bleach and perm should not ever be done (again) on the hair.

After slathering some of the creams on my hair, focusing on the ends and avoiding the scalp. I leave them on for around 30 minutes before going into the water. The hair get the pre-nourishment it deserves to survive. After the swim and wash, my hair doesn't feel as dry as usual, it is still manageable and feels comfortable to be in.

I do clean by using the appropriate shampoo plus the conditioner by Matrix Biolage ColorLast, and when I have more time, I can simply add the mask again, and it seals the deal. The hair serum can be used as well before swimming and after.

-*-



One thing for sure, now that I'm using the trios, I'm not that worry about my lifestyle and daily activities. I can still color my hair and swim as much as I want and let Matrix Biolage ColorLast took care the rest. My hair stays smooth, softer, and silky, on some point, where I though it was no where near possible, they even shines.

-*-





Thank you Matrix Biolage ColorLast for help preserving the color on my hair while keeping them elastic and doesn't break off as easy as it used to be. My hair regain it's strength and act like hair should be once again. I won't abuse my hair as bad as I was but keep in mind of how color could last and shine better with ColorLast.

No comments:

Post a Comment